Monday, January 3, 2011

Foreclosure and Bankruptcy is Looming

Unable to sustain the payments on my little 2 bedroom bungalow, I couldn't sell it for what I owed, couldn't rent it for what I was paying and then my short sale was cut short, that was 3 months ago.

Still waiting to see my name in the foreclosure section of my local newspaper.  I can't figure out what the lender is waiting for.  The house is vacant and they are maintaining the yards but other than that nothing is happening.  The last communication was an email detailing short sale terms that neither I or my buyer could meet, since then my contract expired and my buyer has moved on.  I am left waiting for the other shoe to fall.

Bankruptcy seems inevitable, I just don't have the money for attorney fees yet.  Meantime, I've moved into one of my rental apartments and have had to stop paying on my credit cards in order to maintain. No one is hiring people in my age group so, I will have to rely on my wits to get through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment